Medical and Science Research
- Entire known Adversary genome was mapped by Maurians, which we have access to through The Gardener
- Very long string of genetic material with at least 100 chromosomes
- Entire chromosomes of genome are left inactive
*indicates that genome is highly adaptable to being programmed
*once a “signal” is sent to a “larval” state Adversary individual, certain genes are activated, programming it into a less-plasticine “adult” form, where it is “stuck.”
- It is still highly flexible, exhibiting traits such as polymorphism and even a prehensile nervous system (musculo-nervous system?)
- They seem to be unable to condense into anything more solid than cartilaginous tissue at the moment: i.e: no bones or teeth. → quick confirmatory scan of personnel should be x ray for now.
- They seem to exhibit no sexual dimorphism in their genes (no X or Y chromosome equivalents): indicates produce asexually. (plant stage with tomatoes as eggs? parasitic embryos living in plant?)
- No sound-based communication, not even noises of pain. “Adult replicants” do not seem to be able to talk, BUT can pass unnoticed through some other means
Questions for consideration:
*What does it metabolize? Glucose equivalent? (What does it “eat”?)
*If found, can metabolic process be interrupted artificially? (can I make something that makes it “starve to death,” treat it like a tapeworm?)
*How does it receive and broadcast “signals?”
*Obviously affecting personnel:
*either repressed memories or hallucinations (Tilly’s memory of Dr. Essington as Adversary; personnel witnessing “ghosts”; another theory is it may be misinterpreted broadcast messages meant for larval or possibly also adult Adversaries, giving it orders.)
*heightened serotonin re-uptake
*inhaled? Scented? Tasted? “Felt”?
*Brain or psychic wave broadcast?
*(Either way, uptake is likely directly into nervous system somehow for Adversary individuals themselves.)
- Can a compound be engineered that blocks uptake? (metabolic sensors, degrade wave/pheromone compound itself?)
*Can nanobots or some other chemical compound be created to specifically target Adversary genetic material/cell membranes/metabolic processes?
*Aerosolized, injected, or ingested?